Friday 25 July 2008

The Great Lawn Session of 2008

Last Monday saw the advent of the great lawn session of 2008 due to a day of brilliant sunshine. The session opened at early afternoon after much scrambling to prepare and frustrating traffic on the A1 south. With the only thing missing being my shorts, I opened the session at 13:31 with a Bitburger pils, before moving into weizen territory which included the full bodied flavour packed Meantime Grand Cru Wheat. Some quality pale lagers featured strongly in the mid afternoon including the maverick of all lagers Brew Dog Cult Lager. Next in the line-up were the pale ales, and although the annual attendant Landlord did get drank, the bottle consumed seed a little on the tired side.
Clear skies and some patchy cloud continued to dominate the day before gradual cloud cover came in at 19:50. Indoors the session continued with some Belgian blondes and the very sweet, potent barley wine Samuel Smiths strong golden finished the session. Overall a lawn session almost as good as the ones from the old days of 2003-2004 era, but defiantly much better the GLS 2007.

Claims to fame.

Note that this week I am featured in a small column in the supplement Northumberland Now with myself reviewing three summer beers. Furthermore I am also featured on the Allendale breweries website with some reviews I did for them the other month. See it now on http://www.allendalebrewco.co.uk/.

1 comment:

bwestcott said...

Sweet, sounds like you had a good session! I wonder if I'll have a time for a session before I start work...